On Wednesday June 2nd 2021, an introductory meeting of members of the 4th pillar of the Czech Optical Cluster – the Laser Technology and Applications Pillar – took place on the premises of the HiLase Center of the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences. The main goal of this premiere meeting was to start closer cooperation between the representatives of this pillar.
The agenda of the meeting was a presentation of the concept of the pillars of the Czech Optical Cluster and especially the 4th pillar – Laser Technologies and Applications, as well as the proposal of the Czech Optical Cluster (COC) to appoint a guarantor of the Laser Technologies and Applications pillar and the new COC Ambassador. Subsequently, the individual members of the pillar presented short presentations on the topic of laser technologies, followed by a discussion on the identification of the basic directions of development of the pillar, the definition of common interests and strategy.
The following companies and institutions belong to the pillar of Laser Technology and Applications within the Czech Optical Cluster:
- HiLASE Centre – Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences
- Asphericon s.r.o.
- CRYTUR, spol. s r.o.
- Czech Technical University in Prague
- University of South Bohemia
- Meopta– optika, s. r. o.
- NETWORK GROUP, s.r.o.
- SQS Vláknová optika a.s.
- Palacký University Olomouc
- Institute of Photonics and Electronics of the Czech Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Scientific Instruments of the Czech Academy of Sciences
- VŠB – Technical University of Ostrava
- The TOPTEC Research Centre – Institute of Plasma Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences
- TOPTEC – Ústav fyziky plazmatu AV ČR, v.v.i
The report on the introductory meeting was also brought by the website of the HiLase Center, the whole article with a photo report can be found here: Meeting of the Czech Optical Cluster